Ms. Yan completed her undergraduate studies at UNLV where she majored in Political Science. Ms. Yan then moved to Philadelphia where she attended law school the Beasley School of Law at Temple University. During law school, Ms. Yan knew she would return to Nevada and procured a law clerk position for the Honorable A. William Maupin (ret.) in the summer of 1995 and an externship with the Office of the Attorney General in the summer of 1996. Upon completing her law studies in 1997, Ms. Yan returned to Las Vegas where she has been practicing real estate development, construction law and general commercial litigation.
Before establishing her own firm, Tina Yan, Ltd., in January 2009, Ms. Yan practiced in Nevada for ten years and in California for two years.
Ms. Yan has earned an AV® Preeminent™ Rating of 5.0 out of 5.0 from Martindale-Hubbell, achieving the rating agency’s absolute highest marks for her legal skills and ethics.
- Admitted to Nevada Bar, 1997
- Admitted to California Bar, 2005
Ms. Yan’s civic involvement includes membership and board positions with the following organizations:
- Asian Chamber of Commerce – Member in 1998-99 and since 2002
- Asian Bar Association of Las Vegas – Board Member since 2008
- Associated General Contractors – Membership Committee 2004-2008
- Create-A-Change Now – Board Member since 2012
- East Valley Family Services – Board Member 2005-2009
- Nevada Supreme Court’s Access to Justice – Large Firm Initiative – Representative 2007-2008
When not working, Ms. Yan enjoys indie films, coffee, and thinking about how to teach her two young sons to ski.